This is an on-going project and updates are made as they are available
Narrative and pictures of building a robot lawn mower
To build a robot lawn mower with the following goals:
1. Safe for people, animals, and the yard.
2. Self running.
3. Rechargable battery powered.
4. Total cost less than $1000.
5. No bagging or grass pickup.
6. Functioning but not pretty.
7. Use available components where possible.
8. R/C mode and AutoMatic mode.
9. Create a platform that can perform other garden chores.
1. Most information gathered from the internet.
2. A broken electric lawn mower.
3. A used R/C aircraft controller.
4. Some scrap steel.
5. Robot supply companies.
6. A shop with many needed capabilities.
!. Study what has been done so far.
2. Select and purchase components.
3. Create plans for component location and frame.
4. Weld together a prototype frame.
5. Mount mechanical components.
6. Wire electrical components.
7. Settings, adjustments and testing.
8. Redesign and retesting.
1. Discovered many things that did not work.
2. R/C control completed.
3. Mower blade perfected.
4. Computer control achieved.
5. Drive system moderately reliable.
6. Power supply completed.
7. Arduino programming.
8. A tether was accurate but restricted.
9. A purchased dog fence nearly worked.
Monday thru Friday
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time
Cad Northwest Custom Home Design
22685 SW Conifer Dr.
Sherwood OR 97140
Pages and graphics Copyright (C) 1989 thru 2014 Cad Northwest.
You may view this material through web browsers and related communication programs. All other rights reserved.